26 January 2008

Doctor's Bag sans Handles

I finished knitting the Doctor's bag the other night and tonight I finished piecing it all together with a 3 needle bind off. Also got the dowel needed for the support at the top of the bag, 3/8" diameter, and sewed that into place. I looked for bag handles at Michael's and Joann's today and was unimpressed. Will check out a yarn shop in town tomorrow to see if they have anything interesting, otherwise I'll look online. Also need some sort of firm (cardboard or plastic) base for the bag that I have yet to look for.



While I was at JoAnn's and Michael's today, I was also looking for some size 4 circular knitting needles for the Rowena Cardigan pattern I want to start only to find that NEITHER store had them. In metal or bamboo. That was quite a let down. JoAnn's was sold out of that size, while Michael's didn't seem to have circular knitting needles in anything smaller than a size 7. (!?) Will have to look for those at the LYS tomorrow as well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you checked out Homestead Heirlooms for leather handles for your bag....
www.homeseadheirlooms.com
Karen

Unknown said...

Hi Mollywafflesknits - I got my handles at Knit Picks - the leather ones that mimic a real doctors' bag. They are comfortable and easy to sew onto the bag. See my bag at Ravelry