23 August 2008

Absurd, I know: A second post on the same day.

Alright, so I received my buttons from Etsy in the mail today, and now I will post about them. I went ahead and sewed on the three buttons for my February Lady Sweater.
And, I'm trying to decide which buttons to add to my Puff-Sleeved Feminine Cardigan, from Fitted Knits. Leaning towards the white.

And I also wanted to add that I bought some cool yarn from Flying Fingers' online store the other day. I think I ordered it Monday, and it came Wednesday or Thursday.
Hopyard Potluck Yarn -- apparently this normally goes for $16/sk, it was on sale for $4/sk. It's 75% New England grown Lambswool, 25% Alpaca. 100 yards, 5 oz/skein. Bulky. May do some felting with it, haven't decided yet. I actually expected to get three very different skeins, didn't expect three similar ones. The colors remind me of the Noro Kureyon I used for my Maine Morning Mitts

And, Farmhouse Yarns Andy's Merino in Balsam Fir. On Ravelry, they only list it in 200 yard skeins, but I bought these in 100 yard/2 oz skeins. Flying Fingers normally sells this for $10/sk, but it was on sale for $6/sk. I've been on a green kick lately, or maybe the past year, so I picked this color.

I have enough to make myself a sweater. When I finish the February Lady Sweater, of course. I will try really hard not to cast on another new project before I finish the FLS! I think I'll have to do something like knit from two balls at the same time so I don't have any weird striping though, as the color obviously varies alot within the same skein. Now I'm torn... when I start my Wicked sweater... do I use this stuff, or do I use my Malabrigo in Rich Chocolate?Or do I make 2 Wickeds?

If anyone reading this knows of another good preferably seamless, top-down sweater, I'd love to hear suggestions!

No comments: