20 March 2008

a good mail day!

I got home from work today and found all of this waiting on our porch:


Yay! Berroco Suede in Hopalong Cassidy & Wild Bill for the Suede Booties I'm making for a friend who is expecting. Thanks so much to Ravelry users ewe-mexico and somebunnyslove for giving these up as this kind of yarn is not available at my LYS.


and a mini Easter Basket from my parents including a Dunkin Donuts Gift Card :-D

Now if only my Fitted Knits book from half.com would come... The order was confirmed on March 1 but half.com provided a window of March 11-21 for the book to arrive (to NJ... from Michigan). The seller hasn't responded to two separate emails over the last two weeks... I'm guessing I'll be filing a claim when it doesn't come in tomorrow's mail :-(

Time to enjoy my 4 day weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The suede booties are great, aren't they? I made 3 pairs for my niece (in the tan as well as in black and hot pink...'cause what baby girl doesn't need hot pink "boots"?) and loved every part of it--the yarn, the making of them, the finished look.

Have you ever tried YarnMarket? Like yours, none of my LYSs carried any kind of suede yarn, so I got mine on line. Yarn was good to go, and the customer service is good too.