27 September 2008

Is it possible to have Knitting ADHD?

Or maybe Knitting OCD -- as I compulsively cast on new projects and I obsess about knitting when I'm not knitting (like the 38 hours a week I'm at my internship, or the 10 hours a week I'm working my grad. assistantship, and the time I spend in my car driving between these places, and possibly while sleeping).

well, my Wicked is finished, and blocked, and now I want all my sweaters to be made from Malabrigo.

Determined to not let my new busy schedule get in the way of my knitting, I've also been working on the following projects:

The Somewhat Cowl, by Wendy Bernard with Blue Sky Alpaca Silk I bought from another Ravelry User. I started this last night despite the many other projects I have going right now, but I really wanted to try out the yarn:Textured Tunic (ravelry link) from Fitted Knits with the Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed I picked up on sale at the Woolly Lamb back in March maybe - I started this sometime last week i think, and since taking this picture I've gone another 3-4" or so:
Convertible Gloves for the hubby, a Knitpicks Pattern, using KP Wool of the Andes, Soot Kettle Dyed yarn:And Fetching, from knitty.com made with one skein of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran I picked up from another Ravelry User. I finished these Thursday night I think:
Also, earlier this week I was able to go pick up my Cascade 220 Superwash that I had ordered back at the end of August from the Woolly Lamb with my birthday coupon. I got 7 skeins (1540 yards?) to make the Hemlock Ring Throw from Brooklyn Tweed as a wedding gift for my friend getting married at the end of March. I'm into the second skein already:

1 comment:

pragueloop said...

knitters adhd is not rare at all, have it too:))))