13 October 2008

My Francis is Finished!

So, I am quite happy to announce that my Francis is finished. 9 days, and 14 skeins of Mirasol Sulka later... here it is. This picture is kinda dark, I will have to try to take a picture outside during daylight, when it's not 80 degrees out (in NJ... in October!?) Anyway... this is such a warm and cozy sweater and i can't wait to wear it for real in a couple weeks when it cools off. Next up is my Drops Jacket in Olive Malabrigo Worsted. No, I'm not throwing gang signs, I needed a way to hold the front closed for the picture. I'm quite proud of myself here... This is my first time using a provisional cast on. With the help of Wendy Bernard's Custom Knits directions for top down non-raglan sweaters, I converted the Drops pattern from button up, needing to be seamed all over the place - to a top down with set in sleeves. So I had a provisional cast on for the shoulder... knit down to just below the arm shaping, put the stitches on a spare needle, unraveled the provisional cast on, and knit the front down, past the arm shaping, then connected to knit in one piece. I'll post all my modifications once I know if it works out ok!

No comments: