29 January 2009

Next up...

So, I have found a new project for my Plymouth Homestead yarn I bought a month and a half ago...The Assymetrical Cabled Cardi (ravelry link)
Here's a pic from the author's blog if you don't feel like opening the link to the pattern.

And here's another, from Ravelry user CelticCastOn. I think it turned out really well:
The only thing is, I'm trying to decide if I want the bulk of it to be reverse stockinette, as written, or stockinette. I'm not usually a huge fan of the purl-side of things, as I think it usually makes garments and myself look bulkier. Any thoughts?? Maybe I'll knit up a swatch and see if it helps make up my mind.

I'm really proud of myself for finding a yarn I already have that I can use for this project instead of buying something new.

Even though I was tempted to buy something super nice like Blue Sky Suri Merino which I am still in love with after knitting the textured shawl with it... but I'd need like 5 skeins of it... x $16 = way too much when I'm at an unpaid internship and a low paying hourly grad assistantship for 5 more months. I'll have to wait til I get a real job...


In other news,
Here's the DROPS sweater, I bound off the bottom. Now for the sleeves.And I've done all but tack down the collar on my Somewhat Cowl:

No comments: