28 April 2008

Knitting on a Jet Plane

We will be flying from Newark, NJ to San Diego next week...then making the return trip 5 days later. that's a lot of down time...and my semester is now over, so the time is all mine. I intend to bring along some knitting for the trip. Hoping some wooden needles will make it less likely to be confiscated by a fiesty airport security guard. What makes a good plane project? A lot of things on my knitting queue are intended to be worn, and I can't be trying on a top-down sweater as I go while up in the air. My only non-wearable WIP is a cabled baby blanket, which may make a good project because the pattern isn't too complicated. Only thing is that it will take up a decent amount of space after 7 hours of knitting. Other to-do projects include baby booties, but those will probably take no more than 2 hours to make. (picture from Ravelry)


Decisions, decisions...


No comments: