06 April 2008

What to do... besides homework

By writing this post, I'm totally putting off writing a reflection paper for my counseling class...and I'm ok with that.

So, don't get me wrong, I have a long list of patterns I'm ready to start. Including:
-zephyrstyle Green Gable, using Knit Picks Comfy in Cypress.
-zephyrstyle Tree Jacket, using Knit Picks Comfy in Pomegranate.
-Wendy Bernard's Somewhat Cowl - short sleeve version, using Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk in Spring.

Not to mention my current works in progress... the faux-baby uggs, Arbor, my anthropologie capelet-turned-cardigan, the step-ribbed stole, the Rowena Cardigan...and my second Rusted Root that I'm about to finish.

But, I'm a planner. I like to plan things. and plan my knitting. and put off my homework.

I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with the yarn I picked up on sale at the Woolly Lamb.
I've got 4 skeins of Cascade Sierra (768 yards, worsted weight) in pink. It's 80% Pima Cotton, 20% Merino Wool. The best part of this is that it was 40% off of the original $8.00 price tag, for a grand total of $19.20. (I realize only 3 sk are pictured below). and I've got 7 skeins of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed (917 yards, DK) in a tweedy olivey green. This is 40% silk, 30% cotton, 20% merino, 10% viscose.
Here are some things I want to knit. I'm pretty sure they're all top-down, as I prefer not to seam things. For this reason, my progress on the Rowena cardigan pretty much stalled out when I discovered top-down knitting (I promise I will finish it sometime soon!)

  • Wicked from zephyrstyle.com (I would need about 500 yards of worsted weight for the short sleeve version, or 800 yards for the long sleeve version, and somewhere in between for 3/4 sleeves)
  • Textured Tunic from the book Fitted Knits, specifically I like this one by ravelry user theskinnyknitter (and it even uses Silky Tweed) -- Pattern calls for about 800 yards of Aran weight, but probably less because a). I'm short so the torso length will need to be adjusted, and b). I don't want super-flared sleeves.
  • 28thirty from zephyrstyle.com, but I'd like to make it longer, like this version ravelry user pinkladyknits (Pattern calls for about 600 yards of worsted, I would probably use 700ish to make it longer)

  • Hourglass sweater from the book Last Minute Knitted Gifts (Pattern calls for 800 yds of Aran weight yarn)

  • Hourglass sweater but cardigan-ized like ravelry user parikha did. (Also, ~800 yds).

I don't know who reads this little blog of mine, but if anyone reading this has opinions about how I should use my Sierra, or my Silky Tweed (whether it's something from my list, or not) your comments are welcome!

Now I guess it's time for me to do some real work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, thought I would let you know, I wrote back to you on ravelry a couple days ago. (it's a shame they don't have a message notification option... as I don't check ravelry but every other week or so, blah).

And as for your next project with those yarns... I really like "wicked". "28" looks like something I would want to try on before making, haha. As it looks like it might look weird depending on body type. And "hourglass" seems kind of plain (though as a cardigan, really cute). The fitted knits sweater is nice too. Personally, I like the collar on "wicked" though.

Ah well, ttyl!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the above comment is from me, Ari, or "acertainflower" on ravelry.